English Lesson Plan-Identifying letters
Topic: Identifying letters
Objectives & Outcomes
- Students will be able to identify the letters of the alphabet.
- Alphabet cards
- Whiteboard and markers
- Alphabet book or video
- Review the letters of the alphabet with the students. Make sure they can identify each letter correctly.
- Have the students repeat the alphabet after you, emphasizing each letter as they say it.
- Show the students the alphabet chart or flash cards.
- Have them identify each letter and say its name out loud.
- Once they have mastered the letters, have them put them in alphabetical order.
- Have the students work in pairs and take turns identifying the letters and saying their names.
- The other student can help them if they are struggling.
- Have the students draw a picture of themselves and the letters they have learned.
- Have them write the letters and their names on the picture.
- Have the students share their pictures with the class.
- Ask them to say the letters and their names.
- Review the alphabet as a whole class.
- Observe the students during the independent practice to assess their ability to draw letters and write their names.
- Collect the students’ worksheets for assessment.