English Lesson Plan-English Alphabet
Topic: English Alphabet’s
Objectives & Outcomes
- By the end of this lesson, students will be able to identify and name all the letters of the English alphabet.
- Alphabet cards (one for each student)
- Whiteboard and markers
- Images of objects that start with each letter of the alphabet
- Review the concept of alphabet and its importance in learning to read and write.
- Ask the students to name the letters of the alphabet that they already know.
- Write the letters on the whiteboard and have the students match them with the corresponding object images.
- Introduce the letters of the alphabet one at a time, saying their names and corresponding sounds.
- Have the students repeat the names and sounds of each letter after you.
- Have the students sort the letters cards according to their corresponding letter names.
- Have the students work in pairs and take turns picking a letter card and identifying the letter. Have the other student say the letter name and sound.
- Encourage the students to help each other if they are unsure of the answer.
- Have the students work on a alphabet poster project. Have them choose and draw a letter to include on their poster. They can write the letter name and sound and add a picture that begins with the letter.
- Review the letters of the alphabet and their sounds with the students. Ask them to point to each letter and say its name and sound.
- Encourage the students to practice writing their letters at home.
- Observe the students during independent practice to ensure they are writing their letters correctly.
- Have the students take a quiz to assess their understanding of the letters and their sounds.