English Lesson Plan-Classroom
Objectives & Outcomes
- By the end of this lesson, students will be able to identify different parts of the classroom and identify their own seat.
- Picture of a classroom
- Name tags or stickers
- Marker or pen
- Show students the picture of a classroom and ask them to identify the different parts of the classroom.
- Encourage them to use descriptive words, such as “big” or “small”.
- Introduce the word “classroom” and explain that it is a place where students go to learn and where teachers teach them.
- Ask students to think of the names of other places where people go to learn, such as a school or a university.
- Show students a picture of a classroom and ask them questions such as:
- What do you see in the picture?
- What kind of things do you think are in a classroom?
- What do teachers do in a classroom?
- Have students work in pairs to draw and label a picture of a classroom, including the things they mentioned.
- Have students create a class book about the things they learned about their classroom. They can each write or draw a page about something they learned, and then bind the pages together to create the class book.
- Review the main points that were learned about the classroom.
- Have students share one thing they liked about their classroom and explain why.
- Clap to wrap up the lesson and have a quick finale.
- Observe students during the guided and independent practice to assess understanding.
- Collect and review the projects to assess ability to apply -learning in a creative way.
- Administer a short quiz to assess recall of facts about the -classroom.